Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy Birthday

Katherine, you are one year old… Happy Birthday!!

So many people who see you tell me they can’t believe a year has passed already since you were born. But to me this past year didn’t feel like it went too fast – we have spent so many amazing moments together and it felt like a year well lived.

Your birthday has been a special day – daddy and I decided to make it all about you. We spend the whole day playing together and had lots of fun. Knowing that you don’t like big crowds of people, we opted for skipping the idea of a big birthday party and had a small celebration with just the three of us in our living room (yes, on the floor – where better to have cake and presents… and a big balloon too). You got your first taste of cake (I made you a cherry cake with cherries picked in the summer from our backyard) – yum!

You are teaching me to enjoy the moments, the days, weeks and months. I feel privileged to have been part of your first year, every day has been a gift. This journey we are on together is nothing short of amazing and I can’t wait to see what the next year brings. I love you always and forever.