Tuesday, January 31, 2017

My Superhero

Katherine, today was superhero day at your school… the challenge was to show up with your super powers, and dress the part too!

You didn’t hesitate long to decide that you wanted to be “Superhero Katherine”. A couple of years ago, I made you a superhero cape (pink, of course!) and that’s what you proudly wore today – along with a beautiful pink shirt with lots of hearts on it (and your superhero mask of course… every superhero needs a cool mask!)

You explained to me that as Superhero Katherine your superpower is LOVE. And you giggled as you told me that, because now it was time for you to share your real secret with me… “love isn’t just my fantasy superpower, it’s my real power”. Yes, it is my little girl – LOVE is truly your superpower – I see that in you every day!

You are teaching me that we can all be superheros (and maybe we should all wear a cape once in a while to remind us of that). When you were dressed in your real-life-superhero costume this morning, you looked up at me and said “I wish I could fly and a trail of hearts would come from my cape and spread all around the world”. You leave a trail of hearts wherever you go! I love you always and forever.