Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy Birthday, Baby Girl

Katherine, Happy Second Birthday!

It’s only been two short years ago that we’ve met for the first time; and I can’t imagine my life without you anymore. You have turned my world upside down; and I love every moment of it!

Today was a perfect day – your grandma is still here visiting from Germany and she made you a birthday cake; you received some wonderful presents and in the afternoon we took you to an activity centre where a friend joined us and we had so much fun climbing, running, and bouncing around for hours. You were a bundle of energy, exploring and enjoying the adventure. On the car ride home, I still saw a sparkle in your eyes and a smile on your face - just before you nodded off within minutes for a well-deserved nap.

You are teaching me to pay attention to all the special moments in life. I am grateful that we were able to spend much time together during this past year, full of memories, laughs and cuddles. I feel privileged that I get to see you grow up and hug you every day. I don’t know what the future holds, but my wish for you is that it is a bright future that brings you much joy, love and happiness. I love you always and forever.