Thursday, December 15, 2016

Christmas Concert

Katherine, last night was your Christmas Concert at school; it was so special to see you and the fellow students in your school perform. Your class sang a beautiful song “Lullaby of Love” and your class mates and you were dressed as sheep, cows and donkeys for your part of the Christmas story.

You were the most beautiful donkey I have ever seen! I know you have been practicing and practicing your song, and the most special part was to hear you sing your solo! I can’t tell you how proud I am of you!

I remember the moment you told me that you had a solo part in your class song “mommy, I’ll be singing by myself, in front of the whole school – just me!” As the day of the performance came closer, you were a bit anxious about it, and a few days ago you told me that you got it all wrong during your rehearsal. That’s ok; and I want to share a little secret with you… I do the same all the time when I’m preparing for a presentation and practice.

But when the big moment came, I saw you confidently sing your solo, not worrying or thinking; just being present, sharing your love and trusting yourself – and it was beautiful! 

You are teaching me that we can do anything we choose to, we just need to believe in ourselves. I am so proud to see you grow into the confident little girl you are becoming; you inspire me every day! I love you always and forever.