Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

Katherine, yesterday was Mother's Day; my first Mother's day. Thank you for making it a very special day!

Right from the first moment in the morning I felt proud to be a mom - your mom. You did wake up very early, feeling a bit uncomfortable and the food from your bottle did not stay down. Your dad was already by your side and I did jump out of bed too; there we were changing sheets and cleaning your face when you looked at Dad and me, and all of a sudden the happiest smile appeared on your face. Feeling much better again, you were giggling and reaching out to touch us. You dad was laughing and said to me "Happy Mother's Day" and sitting there amongst wet cloths I felt so proud, so privileged to be Mom - I'm not joking... it was such a perfect family moment - filled with love and genuine care for each other.

We spent the whole day together as a family, including a fabulous lunch out and an even more fabulous walk to the beach... I still had a smile on my face when I fell into bed exhausted at the end of the day.

You are teaching me that the perfect day is the one we choose to make perfect. When we went out for lunch you were unsettled, so we took a walk around the parking lot and strolled into some stores, until you were calmer - lunch is fabulous at 2 pm when it's Sunday and there is no schedule. Things may not always go exactly to plan but we're able to do anything when we do it together - and that makes for a perfect day!