Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Different Perspective

Katherine, you are already a month old now. I love seeing how much you are changing and developing your personality – and how much more interactive you have become.

Playtime is becoming more exciting; you love laying on your play-mat and exploring the toys that are hanging above, the wall and all objects around you. For the last few evenings I have laid down beside you (ok, the play mat isn’t big enough for both of us so I had to settle for the carpet); I have enjoyed our face to face time and the giggling noises you are starting to make.

Having so much fun with you, laying on the floor on my back and exploring the world from your perspective, I have also noticed how different everything looks and how it cleared my mind.

You are teaching me that it’s important to look at things from a different perspective; that solutions to problems become much clearer when we make a choice to approach them with a fresh view, ultimately creating more amazing results than would have ever been possible before.