Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Reaching High

Katherine, the day has finally come… another milestone event. This one wasn’t a big one for you, but I have waiting for this day for weeks, watching carefully, deciding when then right time would be.

Yup, the day has come to lower your crib. I remember when I first laid you in your crib – you were so tiny that I wouldn’t leave you in there because you looked so lost. You have been sleeping in your own room, in your crib for many months now and are clearly enjoying it.

Over the past few weeks I have watched you get more and more mobile (and taller almost by the day), so to make sure that you are safe, daddy has now lowered your mattress.

Is it a big deal? Well, maybe not really (ok, it was for me…), but it sure was an “awww” moment when we stood you in the updated crib.

You are teaching me that you never stand still, that life never stands still. You are reaching high and while I am here to catch you when you fall, I know that you’ll have to experience a few falls and bumps along the way. No matter how much experience our parents wanted to share with us, no matter how much experience I want to share with you, life is all about creating our own experiences – and I am here to cheer you on when you succeed and help you get up when you fall. Always and forever.